Corporate Governance ensures that companies are run as efficiently as possible in the interests of their shareholders/owners. This in turn promotes greater confidence in the companies on the capital markets and creates better conditions for the supply of risk capital.
The goal of the Institute is to make Corporate Governance understandable and easy to implement.
The main values for a company in adhering to Corporate Governance principles are:
• Easier access to capital and lower capital costs
• Favourable bank lending as a result of greater transparency and confidence
• Greater financial sector stability
• Faster corporate sector growth and job creation
• Protection for all investors, including pension beneficiaries
• Capital and financial market development
Good corporate governance practices lead to better companies and, in turn, better societies.